This old fashioned Fresh Strawberry Pie is the best! It’s my mom’s simple homemade no bake recipe and it combines strawberries and Jello, then tops it with fluffy whipped cream or Cool Whip. And it’s so easy and delicious!
When I was growing up, our family always eagerly awaited fresh strawberry season because that meant we’d have lots of strawberry shortcake…. and this delicious homemade strawberry pie!
We all thought Mom made the best strawberry pie and the sight of it on the dinner table always created excitement!
I know there are lots of strawberry pie recipes that are more elaborate, but I still think my Mom’s old fashioned strawberry pie recipe with Jello beats them all.
It’s just one of those times when simple truly is better!
And you can’t beat how easy it is to make! It seriously is pretty much fool-proof.
So even if you don’t consider yourself a cook or if the idea of making a pie intimidates, give this recipe a try. It’s the perfect recipe to make and boost your confidence!
Want to make your homemade strawberry pie extra good? Pair it with Easy Homemade Pie Crust! It’s deliciously flaky and super easy to work with.
Or be a little nontraditional and use a Homemade Buttery Shortbread Crust instead. Doesn’t that sound so good, too?
Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
Fresh Strawberry Pie
- ¾ c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1½ c. water
- 3 oz strawberry jello
- 3 c. sliced fresh strawberries
- Cool Whip or Real Whipped Cream (link for Homemade Real Whipped Cream in Notes below)
- 10 in. baked pie crust (link for my Easy Homemade Pie Crust recipe in Notes below)
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and water; cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring often. (I like to use a whisk for this.)
- Remove from heat and add jello; stir until dissolved.
- Allow to cool slightly, then gently mix in strawberries. (If you are in a hurry, you can skip this step- the berries just stay nicer if it’s cooled.)
- Pour into baked pie crust and refrigerate until filling is set.
- Before serving, top with Cool Whip or Real Whipped Cream.
Other recipes that you’ll enjoy: